We Are HiringRN Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (ED) - Dell Seton Medical Center - Austin, TXMultiple Shifts and Schedules Available
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY - Our nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. Come build this department with us and watch it grow!SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE THAT QUALIFY!!What You Will Do At Seton, we're using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
As a Registered Nurse in our Emergency Department at Dell Seton Medical Center Austin, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. You will make frequent utilization of your critical decision-making skills, as well as your innate assessment skills to gain a strong understanding of your patients current and future needs. You will then collaborate with the other members of your unique interdisciplinary team to best determine the next step for your patient. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
Why Join the Seton Healthcare Family?
- Care for the Emergency Department patient with a short or long length of stay in a fast pace environment.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop a patient specific care and treatment plan.
- Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient.
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement:Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
Seton is a regional healthcare network made up of 10 hospitals that includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, the area's only non-profit mental health hospital and over 100 clinic locations. As a part of Ascension, Seton leverages national resources to improve care on a community level.
- Get in on the growth of the hospital!
- Have the opportunity to interact with a broad patient population.
- Austin, Texas is currently one of the hottest places to do business and one of the fastest growing cities in the United States.
- At Seton Family Healthcare, we promote teamwork. Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ongoing support. Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
- Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance.
Giving back to the community is the core of what we do! Time and Time again our associates tell us how rewarding it is to be part of Seton's founding mission to deliver the best care possible with dignity and respect for everyone we service! We call that mission HumanCare and it is how our associates make a difference in the lives of people throughout our Central Texas Communities! Don't just take our word for it, come and find out!
Dell Seton Medical Center is located right in the heart of Austin! It is the new home for our region's only Level I Trauma Center for Adults! Dell Seton has 211 beds in operation including 135 Acute Care and 60 Critical Care beds all designed to add up to 135 beds in the future! It is one of four teaching hospitals for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin, which will be built around the new hospital. As a teaching hospital, the medical center trains and attracts more talented and specialized doctors to the Austin area, improving care throughout Central Texas. At this new Seton hospital and three existing ones (Seton Medical Center Austin, Seton Shoal Creek Hospital and Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas), doctors train other doctors, conduct groundbreaking research and implement new treatments. Through education, training and research, Dell Seton serves as a vital link to the future of care in our community. From day one, the medical center has redefined the future of healthcare in our community!
If you're looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join the Seton Family Healthcare Team! What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing .
Work Experience:Equal Employment Opportunity
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family's goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts. It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the \"EEO is the Law\" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, ccu, intensive care, intensive care unit, mhb, psychatric, psychiatric, recovery, registered nurse, surgical